Monday, October 23, 2006

The laundry basket

One feature I want to implement in this blog is to list all of the toys we buy for Milo, the things around the house he makes into toys, and the toys we make. I'm going to make labels according to each category. I want to write about if he plays with them, if they last, and how often he plays with them.

The first toy I'm going to write about is my laundry basket. I didn't expect him to enjoy my old laundry basket. I bought it for very cheap at CVS. When we got married I got a large three sorter laundry basket that replaced it. When we got Milo I didn't want it to fall on him so I moved it into the computer room, which at the time he wasn't going into. I first noticed that he liked the laundry basket when Jeff and I would use the computer. He would want to be in the same room as us so he would come sit on the floor. After a while he discovered the laundry basket and knocked it over while investigating. He soon went inside of it and seemed to enjoy it. After that every time Jeff or I are on the computer one of his favorite spots is the laundry basket. He will claw at it or move and sometimes it will start to colapse or fall over. This is extremly amusing to watch. Overall, Milo likes the laundry basket. I think he likes it because he can go inside of it and still see through it. I have tried throwing toys inside of it while he is inside, but it usually makes it collapse.

No comments: